Friday, November 5, 2010

Homework for 11/12


  1. Complete your first "Historical Speech Critique." Here are the links to "I have a Dream" speech by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.: Read it or Watch it
  2. Finish your outline for YW in Excellence
    1. Here is a link to the story I mentioned right as you were leaving. It is about a couple (told from the woman's perspective) on their LONG and HARD journey to be sealed in the temple. Click here to read it.
  3. Read through your entire speech with a timer and see long it is. If it is over 10 minutes, start trimming. 
    1. Read to a mirror, a door, a stuffed animal, etc. I liked to practice my speeches to a door... :) 

If you have any questions feel free to call, email, or post a question.


4 comments:

  1. I have never read his speech before I really enjoyed it. My favorite part of the speech was the ending because I liked how he mentioned the states such as Colorado, California and Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't my talk supposed to be around five minutes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister Howe I'm feeling kind of burnt out because of everything going on this week and my cold is getting worse. Do you think we can skip this week and start again next week? If thats ok can you please put up my homework for next week. Thanks for everything it looked really awesome last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister Howe,
    I came home from school feeling horrible. My mom says that I need to stay home tomorrow and rest up. We will call in the morning and make sure you got this message.

    Sarena

    ReplyDelete